Seminar: leadership in the complex matrix organisation
This training has been conducted successfully for many years in Austria, China, Germany, Ireland, Spain, Switzerland, Turkey, and the USA.
Benefits to you
There are special demands on leadership in the matrix organisation. It is necessary to integrate the varying interests of a complex corporate environment in such a way that value will be created, and at the same time to find a successful balance between requirements which, in a range of areas, can be highly divergent.
The seminar supports you in identifying the requirements of leadership in the matrix and in approaching the resulting tasks in a success-oriented manner. The seminar will also provide you with support in the execution of your own specific objectives - which will then be treated in greater depth in the follow-up.
Aims and contents
- Defining your own situation in the matrix organisation
- Getting to know the basic aspects, purposes, aims and modes of operation of the matrix organisation, and learning how to evaluate the relevant consequences
- Cultural preconditions for the success of the matrix organisation
- The political factor - develop appropriate influencing skills
- Success-oriented positioning strategies within the complex parameters of the matrix
- Stakeholder management
- Interconnectedness as a key concept for successful positioning in the matrix
- Knowing and putting into practice the roles of leadership within matrix systems
- Improving sensitivity and the ability to act in relation to diverging requirements
- The task of leadership in the matrix organisation – how you successfully design the "two-boss model"
- Key capabilities needed as a leader and as a team to make the matrix work
- Dealing with typical areas of tension and problems in matrix organisations
- Defining the performance standards for processes and agreeing these with partners
- How you optimise and manage the achievement of performance in everyday operations
- Management of information and communication in the matrix organisation
- Establishing and embodying feedback processes with your stakeholders
- Working on participants´ real life challenges
- Planning and preparing concrete improvement objectives with your performance partners in the matrix
- Reflecting on participants´ experience in the workplace having implemented above learnings (follow-up)
The focal points of the seminar are oriented towards participants´ concrete situation.
Target group: Executive level staff
Duration: 2 days + 1 day follow-up